Volunteering and Coronavirus – HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Look out for your neighbours
The simplest thing everyone can do right now is look out for your neighbours, offer help with shopping and other errands.
It’s not just about neighbours who are self-isolating or vulnerable. Other people in the community who might also appreciate help are:
- stretched medical staff and volunteers
- staff and volunteers in key worker roles
- supermarket workers
- delivery drivers.
Stay safe when supporting others
- Let family and friends know what you’re doing.
- Support family, friends and neighbours by phone or video call.
- Stay at least two metres – about three steps – away from people you’re helping.
- Offer to run errands for people but stay outside of people’s homes.
- Keep washing your hands often for 20 seconds.
- Don’t take on too much – it’s often better not to offer at all than to let someone down.
- If you’re trying to help someone with very serious issues – don’t be afraid to flag with appropriate statutory services.
5 Things you can do to make a positive difference in your community
Staying Safe when Volunteering
Telephone Befriending Tips
Everything That You Need
Whether you are a constituted group, a new not-for-profit start-up Community Interest Company or a well-established registered charity within the Wigan Borough, we aim to support and equip you with the knowledge, skills and/ or expertise needed for your organisation to grow and prosper
We can support you with:
- Governing & management documents
- Policy templates
- How to guides
- Funding advice
- Constitutions for small charities
- Bank accounts
For more information and to access documents please sign in to our members area: